April 14, 2011

Come and Fear Not

I believe in miracles. Maybe you do also. I've seen enough of them in my life to know that they exist, and they remind us of God.

"And who shall say that Jesus Christ did not do many mighty miracles? And there were many mighty miracles wrought by the hands of the apostles. And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles." (Mormon 9: 18-19)

Moroni, a prophet in the Book of Mormon says it perfectly. In the midst of such great war, and distress and calamity, Moroni speaks to those who don't believe in Christ. He invites all men to repent, and to believe in Christ. He shows unto them a God of miracles, who will not, nor cannot change. He gives his witness that God has not ceased to be a God of miracles.

I add my witness to this. I am not a prophet. I don't see visions, or dream dreams. I have never seen an angel, or heard the voice of the most high God.

But I have seen the flowers bloom each spring. I have seen the sun shine through a dusty window. I have seen the rain turn the grass green. I have seen a mother gaze into the face of her newborn baby. I have seen the darkness in a man be changed to marvelous light. I have seen a child teach his mother of the reality of a living God. I have seen a woman come from the deepest of despair to the purest of joy. I have seen a Father pray with his daughter.

I have seen my life change as I've followed a man I've never spoken to; a man named Jesus Christ.

I testify that God lives. I testify that he knows us. He hears us. He answers us. He loves us.

A modern day miracle in our lives is the reality of Christ's living church on the earth today. If I could do anything for you this day, it would be to assure you of the truthfulness of it, and to invite you to experience that same assurance.

"Yea, come unto Christ, and he perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness..." (Moroni 10:32)

"Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism." (Alma 7:15)

My earnest invitation to you is to come unto Christ, and fear not. Learn of His gospel, His doctrine, and experience the power of His redeeming love. Read the Book of Mormon. Pray about it, asking God with real intent if it is true, and by the power of the Holy Ghost, I testify that you will know the truth of all things.

God is a God of miracles. Look around. The more you see, the more you'll know that God lives. He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment